SCENE, L.A. is looking for an experienced Video Editor to lead the post-production for all our in-house productions. We are looking for a candidate who has experience in assembly and color grading, titles and effects, and some sound experience. This role will participate in concept meetings and will have creative input in the final product, so we need someone who likes putting their own stamp of creativity on their work.
What will I be doing at SCENE?
Good question! Here’s what you can expect to be doing day-to-day:
- Participate in pre-production planning meetings to make sure our film team gets you what you need during the shoot
- Come up with creative editing concepts for clients
- Color-grading and assembly on footage
- Creating titles, effects, logo stings, etc.
What do I need experience in?
Here’s what we use currently. You don’t need experience in all of these programs, but the more the better.
- We use primarily Final Cut X, but for projects that require a lot of effects work, we use Adobe Premiere
- After Effects
- We currently do most color correction natively in the editing software, but familiarity with DaVinci Resolve is a plus
Is this job part-time or full-time?
We’re looking for someone to fill this position full-time. BUT, if you can only swing part-time, we’re looking for some freelance editing help as well. So if you’re a part-time only just note it in your application.